Sustainability in Energy Panel: The Role of the Energy Transition in Latin American and Caribbean Region
Wednesday, 20 April 2022, 5:30 p.m.–7:00 p.m. | Cartagena, Colombia
- Room Assignment:
- Cartagena Convention Center
- Lorena Moscardelli, Bureau of Economic Geology, University of Texas
Felipe González Penagos, Ecopetrol
- Included with registration
With increased public and shareholder concerns over climate change, sustainability and ESG have moved from a component of energy companies’ corporate strategy to the core of their business.
Join us for an interactive panel discussion featuring energy experts who will share their vision for how the energy industry can be a part of achieving the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and providing safe and reliable energy in the countries where they operate. We also will examine the role of geoscientists and engineers in the energy transition and explore the significance of the energy transition for the Latin American and Caribbean Region.
- Scott Tinker, Director, Bureau of Economic Geology; Chairman, Switch Energy Alliance
- Erling Vågnes, Senior Vice President Subsurface Exploration Production International, Equinor
- Isabelle Moretti, Senior Fellow, French Academy of Technology
This special session is supported by AAPG’s Global and Latin America and Caribbean Region Sustainability Committees and sponsored by Aramco and Chevron.
Centro de Convenciones de Cartagena de Indias
Getsemaní, Cra 8
+57 5 6544000